Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
If you're like me, your kids have a love-hate relationship with cauliflower. My youngest wrinkles his nose at the sight of it without even taking a bite but then the next day he's eating it covered with a glob of hummus. But I tell ya, your kids won't even know that they're eating cauliflower when this dish shows up on their plate.
Cauliflower rice is rapidly gaining popularity because of it's health benefits, it fits into a paleo diet, it's low carb and gluten free - what's not to love? It's being used as a side dish and as a low-carb gluten-free alternative to rice and couscous. Cauliflower's mild flavour is so versatile it lends itself well to any flavour profile you want to add!
Turmeric is also having its time in the spotlight for its amazing medicinal properties. Tumeric has a natural anti-inflammatory compound, increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, improves brain function, lowers the risk of heart disease, help prevent cancer and Alzheimer's and even help delay aging. Tumeric has definitely earned its place as one of the most effective natural substances out there!
With these two powerhouses teaming up you're sure to be on your way to health and well being!
- 1 regular size head of cauliflower, approximately 4 cups
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- chives, chopped
- parsley, chopped
1. Wash and trim cauliflower and cut into pieces
2. In a food processor blend cauliflower in batches until it turns into a grainy consistency - it won't take long, about 7-8 pulses
* if you don't have a food processor you can also grate the cauliflower into small pieces
3. Heat up a large frying pan on medium heat and add oil.
4. Add cauliflower rice, garlic, tumeric, salt and pepper to pan and stir frequently
5. Cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes
6. Add chopped parsley and chives and stir
7. Fluff with a fork and serve!
makes 4 servings
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
Leave a Reply.
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.