I discovered this purple wheat multi grain bread at my local bakery and I can't stop thinking of great ways to enjoy it! Whenever you get a chance you should try one of your local bakery's specialty breads, you just might be surprised how wonderful the new flavour can inspire your meals!
Pairing this bread with avocado and an egg was a natural fit. And I just love the way when the avocado pit is removed it makes the perfect little nest for your poached egg! Avocados are the new superfood. They are loaded with fibre, healthy fats and tons of nutrients. Just a word of caution, if you're watching your daily fat intake avocados weigh in pretty hefty on the day scale. Many nutrition labels for avocados consider 1/5 of an avocado as one serving. But honestly, avocados are a superfood and you deserve all of the healthy benefits that avocados offer!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 1 tsp butter
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and reduce to medium-low heat
2. Add vinegar to the water
3. Crack one egg into a cup or small bowl and gently pour the whole egg into the pot of water on the stove
4. Set the timer for 3 minutes for soft eggs, 4 minutes for medium and 5 minutes for firm eggs
5. While the egg is cooking toast bread and cut the avocado in half
6. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado half out from the skin
7. Lightly butter your toast and place the avocado on the toast
8. Using a slotted spoon remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl or directly onto the toast if you're ready to assemble
* adding vinegar to the water will help the proteins in the egg to bind and help with the poaching
Have a great weekend and Love Good Food! ❤️
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.