This may seem like such an easy recipe that it's hardly worth writing about but honestly, you're going to want this one in your back pocket. You can make this in a snap and it's super healthy. I couldn't believe how scrumptious the smell of the grapefruit was as it began to release its juices under the broiler. Mmmmmm - heavenly! But truthfully, this broiled grapefruit would be delightful for breakfast on a chilly morning and the perfect dessert on a hot summer night.
- 2 grapefruit
- 4 tsp golden brown sugar
- 1 cup of plain Greek or Balkan style plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- basil leaves
1. Turn on your oven's broiler to HIGH
2. Slice grapefruit in half and slice just a touch off the bottom of the grapefruit so it rests firm and place on a baking sheet
3. Spread 1 tsp of brown sugar on each grapefruit half and put in oven
4. Broil for approximately 5 minutes, the grapefruit releases a gorgeous citrusy smell when it's ready
5. Take out of the oven and place one half on each plate
6. Too each one with a dollop of plain
makes 4 servings
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.