This to me is one of those perfect breakfast meals on a Saturday morning before heading out the door to run your long list of errands. You're not really in a rush to get out the door, but you're also not sticking around the house long enough to whip up a batch of eggs Benedict for the whole family either. Right? This is rather quick and easy to prepare, and honestly, tastes delicious!
I found this amazing blueberry spread at the market and it's made by a local orchard in our area. I love it not only because it's tastes amazing but because it's all-natural and without any preservatives, and I also like to support local businesses.
I love how blueberries and lemons complement each other beautifully so it was a natural fit to add lemon and poppy seed (of course!) to the ricotta cheese. Have I mentioned before that I love anything with lemon in it? This just works all together and the bright lemony scent will wake you right up! Well, that is if you haven't already had your first cup of coffee.... But anyway, this easy breakfast has the added bonus of being totally well-balanced and nutritious, a great way to start your busy day!
- 2 slices of whole grain bread, like this chia seed breaf
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp blueberry spread or fruit jam
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Put slices of bread in toaster to toast
2. While the bread is toasting mix the juice of half a lemon and the poppy seeds with the ricotta cheese
3. Peel and slice the kiwi
4. Spread the lemon ricotta and blueberry jam on the toast and serve with kiwi slices
Enjoy and Love Good Food! ❤️
Leave a Reply.
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.