Sometimes when you find something so warm and comforting you just keep coming back for more. That's the way I feel about our EVERYday oatmeal. You can't beat the health benefits from a bowl of hot oats that you can make in a snap. This take on one of my family's go-to breakfasts is all-Canadian. Quebec maple syrup, Ontario black walnuts, and oats and flax grown in the prairies. The amazing thing about maple syrup is the health benefits. What health benefits, you might ask? Well, I'll let you in in a little info -potassium, manganese, zinc, calcium, iron and magnesium. And not to forget all the benefits of oatmeal!
- 1/3 cup quickoats
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2/3 cup boiling hot water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp black walnut pieces
1. Scoop oats and flax meal into a cereal bowl
2. Pour 2/3 cup boiling hot water over oats and cover for 5 minutes to cook
3. When oats are cooked add walnuts and drizzle maple syrup on top.
makes 1 serving
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.