Busy busy night! Tonight was the first night of soccer for my little boys this year. While I had the pizza in the oven one was asking me to help him with his shin guards and I totally forgot about the the pizza! 😮 Thankfully I saved it and we gobbled it down before heading out the door. So basic, so fast, yet so good. Marinara sauce, tomatoes, and mozarella topped with fresh arugula and toasted pine nuts. I'll let you in on a little time-saver secret, instead of pizza dough I just used a large soft flour tortilla! I always have tortillas on hand and they make a great thin crust base for your pizza. Perfect on a busy night! But by all means if you have the time use traditional pizza dough it will be extra delicious!
- 1/3 cup of homemade marinara sauce or ready-made pizza sauce in a pinch
- 1 large soft flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1 cups fresh arugula
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F
2, Place the tortilla shell on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet
3. Spoon the marinara sauce (or pizza sauce) onto the tortilla and using the back side of the spoon spread the sauce around the shell. If you like it more saucy by all means add more sauce!
4. Put the mozarella cheese on top and add the diced tomatoes (and any other chopped vegetables of your choice) on top of the cheese
5. Put the pizza in the oven for 5-10 minutes, at the 5 minute mark watch it closely, the pizza will be ready when all
of the cheese has melted and starts to bubble
6. (Optional) I love the cheese on top of my pizza to get a little brown, if you want to add this step turn on the broiler to HIGH for a few minutes and let the cheese brown under the broiler
* watch this step very closely, the heat on the broiler is very hot and it will go fast!
7. Take the pizza out of the oven and let stand for a few minutes
8. Take a small frying pan and put the pine nuts in the pan over medium heat
9. Stir the nuts continuously, it will take a few minutes to start to toast but once they start browning watch them closely, it won't take long
10. Once the pine nuts start to brown take them off the heat
11. Spread the arugula over the pizza and top with toasted pine nuts.
12. Slice and serve!
makes 2 servings
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
Nutrition ratio: 54:27:19
I love cheese so I load it on and that's why 1 serving is half a pizza. I serve this with a salad but you can reduce the amount of cheese and enjoy the whole pizza for your dinner.... it's the cheese that packs on the fat count
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.