I'm pretty sure I could take freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro and add any ingredients to make a slaw, put it in a taco and fall in love. This red radish slaw is my new favorite - its a twist on classic coleslaw and uses crispy fresh radishes and red onion instead of cabbage and carrots and it is delicious! I have to admit, I'm on a radish kick these days. I love the bright white and beautiful red colour of a fresh radish. It has a wonderful crispy crunch and a peppery bite that I just can't get enough of.
I'm also all about tacos with slaw. Creamy, rich and full of flavour that brings the whole taco together. Whether it's fish tacos with a sweet heat pineapple slaw or grilled chicken and a broccoli slaw, I am all about the slaw! The tacos come together so easy and it's soooo delish!
This red radish slaw is paired with black beans, tomatoes and fresh green salad. This is taco heaven! It's meatless too so it's a great choice for meatless Mondays or for vegetarian meals.
- taco shells
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of red radishes
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- soft flour taco shells
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
1. Combine mayonnaise, lime and chilli powder together in a small bowl and stir well
2. Finely chop two tomatoes, the red onion, some of the cilantro and half of the radishes and stir into the slaw. (This can be made ahead, covered and put in the fridge until ready to use)
3. Rough chop the other 2 tomatoes and cilantro, and slice the remaining radishes.
4. To make the tacos spread the slaw first, this will help hold everything together, and layer up with your choice of ingredients: tomatoes, radishes, black beans, cilantro and grated cheese!
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.