This salad is all about the warm roasted tomatoes and the crumbled feta cheese. Something magical happens when they cozy up together, it's like the feta starts to melt a little and becomes even creamier. I love pairing balsamic vinegar and feta. It's an unexpected combination but the salty brine from the feta pairs so naturally with the sweet rich flavour of the balsamic vinegar. I used spinach and arugula for this salad, they stand up well under a little heat so they're the perfect greens to pair with these warm roasted tomatoes, Sprinkling some walnuts on top finishes it off, adding a crunchy bite. You have to try this salad! The warm tomatoes with the feta, omg - so good!
- 2 heaping cups of spinach leaves
- 2 heaping cups of arugula or baby arugula
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta (about 2 cubes one-square inch)
- 2 tbsp walnuts (about 14 halves)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of kosher salt
1. Divide spinach and arugula and put into two bowls
2. Slice tomato into wedges and place in an oven-proof baking dish
3. Turn oven broiler to High and roast tomatoes until softened, approximate 7 minutes and take out of oven when ready
4. While the tomatoes are roasting combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt into a jar with a lid, shake until well combined
5. Place tomatoes on top of salad and drizzle balsamic vinegar over top
6. Compete your salad with crumbled feta and walnuts
Have a great day and Love Good Food ❤️
* makes two salads or four starter salads
the Nutrition Facts label is for 1 salad, or half the recipe. You can reduce the amount of sodium by not adding salt to the dressing and reduce the overall grams of fat by using less salad dressing and/or putting less walnuts on your salad.
Calorie ratio: 82:9:9
Leave a Reply.
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.