Rustic Open Face Tuna Sandwich
A tuna sandwich doesn't have to be laden with gobs of mayonnaise to be delicious. A great way to reduce the fat in your tuna sandwich is to skip the classic tuna salad recipe and make a "deconstructed" tuna salad sandwich instead. This sandwich spreads the mayo and then puts the tuna on the mayonnaise. Top with tomato wedges and zingy banana pepper rings and you'll forget about the traditional tuna salad!
- 1 can of light tuna fish in water, drained
- 4 slices rustic French bread
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pea shoots or other greens
- 2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
- banana pepper rings
1. Open and drain canned tuna
2. Spread 1/2 tbsp of
mayonnaise on each slice of bread
3. Place some pea shoots on the bread
4. Place approximately 1/4 of the tuna on each slice of bread
5. Top sandwiches with tomato wedges and banana pepper rings and enjoy!
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
* calorie ratio 29:45:26
Leave a Reply.
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.