Have I ever told you that I hate throwing away food? I am forever trying to use up that half can of tomato paste, leftover basmati rice, and containers of who know what is lurking in the back of the fridge.
- 1 filet white fish, like tilapia
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilli peppers (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- basil leaves
1. In a heavy pan heat up olive oil and cook onions, tomatoes and mushroom until soft
2. Add coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, pepper flakes (optional) and heat on medium heat for 10 minutes
3. Add the fish and cook until it becomes opaque, alternatively if you are using previously cooked fish, heat until warm
4. Add basil leaves, serve and enjoy!
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.