Okay, so this isn't really much of a recipe but for anyone stuck in their morning breakfast routine this might shake things up a bit and give you some new ideas. I really love this breakkie - its bright and light and super easy and fast to prepare. Honestly, you could have this any morning before heading out the door, even if you've slept in.
I love this breakfast because it is so perfectly balanced, you don't even have to think about it's nutrition. You just know it's healthy and full of good stuff. Fibre, protein, vitamins, carbs.... amazing, and it's delicious! Add some mixed seeds & nuts on the side for an extra pack of protein. Oh, and coffee, be sure to serve it with a hot coffee, or tea... if you don't drink coffee.
- slices of rustic hearty bread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- pinch of chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/4 lemon peeled and seeds removed
- sprigs of parsley
1. Take sliced bread and toast it.
2. Spread cream cheese on toast and sprinkle chia seeds.
3. Enjoy! (that's it - so simple!)
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Have a great day and Love Good Food! ❤️
* Nutrition label includes both toast recipe and smoothie recipe as per recipe above
Wife, mother and pilot, with a passion for good food.